Monday, March 7, 2016

short story - How to come up with original ideas for stories?


I seem to have several ideas for fanfiction novels. I'm working on a long fanfiction at the moment that's quite complex and I'm trying to practice editing.


I would like to write some original short stories because novels take years of work. I write just for me, mainly because nobody really likes my writing. I'm not really looking to write as a profession but I still would like to write original stories.


The problem is I can't seem to think of anything beyond fanfiction and writing prompts don't really help. I can't write unless I have the whole story from beginning to end.


What should I do?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...