Saturday, March 12, 2016

Re: View Size vs. Print Size and Resolution in Adobe Photoshop


They say you start to see the pixels in an image when it is printed around 200 dpi/ppi or less, right? I'm looking at some images here at 100% view in photoshop, and when I open the image size window, it tells me that the images are between 70-100 ppi each. However, I measured the images on my screen and they are both larger than the shown print size, AND I see no pixels or other signs of poor quality in the image being displayed on my monitor.


So my question is: Why would the image print in less quality/smaller size than it displays? Is it really necessary to print in 200+ ppi (or the more recommended 267-360 for HQ) to get a quality print, or am I missing something here?


Since many are unique designs that I've spent a fair amount of time on, I'd hate to have to discard, upsample, or restart from scratch. Any help you can provide would be much appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...