Sunday, March 13, 2016

urls - User perception on non ".com" top level domains


I am thinking of buying a .co domain as a .com is not available for my company name. While the .co is cleaner and shorter many of us have gotten used to .com.



  • Do users only remember the domain name and add the extension (com, net, co)?


  • Can a .co domain give a user the perspection that it is .com domain as they could subconciously assume by seen co ->m ?


This could have a negative impact as just adding a m to domain.co would get users to the wrong site, and email to the wrong site...


Should I stick with the "standard" or are there statistics that say otherwise ?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...