Monday, March 14, 2016

adobe illustrator - How to display better a product on a outdoor photo, without making it look childish and unrealistic?


For my next campaign, I have to use a half back and white, half colored photo of any Indian monument (Represents our Independence Day).


I also have to show 2 products --- they are EKG / ECG Machines --- one less colored, one little colorful and bright. Split is used to show one product was launched 50 years ago, and 2nd product is launched in this century. But I can't figure out if it's even possible without making it looking childish and ugly.


Right now it looks very bad at least to me.


The main problem I see is because the monument is basically outdoor. And product doesn't fit outdoor. Even if I place a table in place of that greenish/white area, it was looking very odd and unrealistic, as there's highway in front of monument.


enter image description here


I tried some options, and I guess it's not working. So is there any other approach that I can try out?


PS: The monument can change, but the products are a part of campaign. Positions can also change, but BG should be visible.



EDIT: Okay, I realized one thing after posting this question (read a comment under this question). Hand might seem a bad idea here. So I'm instead, using 2 products (2nd product will be different, more colorful). One for dark side, one for colored side, as shown below):


enter image description here


So it's slightly less childish (IMO). But still the question remains same. I don't find it very aesthetic.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...