Friday, March 11, 2016

Illustrator CS6: Change artboard size / final saved file dimensions to match bounds of content


Consider the following two images:


enter image description hereenter image description here


The second image is my desired result: the artboard dimensions perfectly match the layer/selection/content. However, I had to resize the artboard manually. Is there a way to do this automatically? Ultimately I'm saving the file as an SVG. Rather than resizing the artboard, is there some setting that tells illustrator to export a file with the final dimensions being the size of the content or selection? Some googling suggests that this was possible in CS3 using Save for Web, but I didn't see any option like this in CS6.




Answer



Simply select the art work then choose Object > Artboards > Fit to Artwork Bounds from the menu. Assign a custom shortcut to that command if you use it often.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...