Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Social Media Icons - show all visible, or group under "share"?


I continually run into this issue on sites that want to offer social media links to share content on Facebook, Twitter, etc., and often to share via email or text message as well. Showing all of these icons gets busy very quickly. Often they are grouped under a "share" button that then reveals the individual tools, but my general impression is that this seems to be slowly becoming deprecated in favor of just having the individual links all visible.


I have no data to back this up though and just my gut instinct, but I'm wondering if anyone has heard any best practices/studies on "hiding" share functionality behind a share button?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...