Wednesday, August 3, 2016

What are some good resource for programmers to design icons?


I'm a programmer and find myself needing to draw icons frequently. Does anyone have any good resources for both the tools and how to design icons?



Answer



The best icon set I've used has to be the Fugue Icon set by Yusuke Kamiyamane. The set is licensed under the Creative Common Attribution License and royalty-free for a reasonable fee. It's a great deal considering there are 3300+ detailed icons. You also get the PSD files too. I find these icons are especially good for web apps. The down side is they're 16x16.


If you want to create your own, I suggest reading tutorials on http://tutsplus.com, especially http://vector.tutsplus.com since icons should be created in vector for scaling..


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...