Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Good source for learning about light/shadow/gradients in flat designs


I came across this creation here on dribble.


enter image description here


I have marked some areas with arrows, which are either 'lit up' because of bright light, or have 'shadows' because of absence.


And also this one here :


enter image description here


This also has some sort of gradient/similar shades of a color being used to show depth/shadows etc.


I find these really fascinating. This adds a very rich feeling to the item drawn in the scene.



Q1. Does this have a typical name in graphic design world ? Lights and Shadows or something ? Is this style called something particular ? Its very difficult to search about it without a concrete name.


Q2. Is there some tutorial I can look up to understand how to imagine about these shadows/lights/gradient. (I want to learn it in general, not specific about these particular illustration or tool).




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...