Saturday, May 20, 2017

interaction design - App interface for changing relational percentages


Has anyone ever seen or used a good app interface (web or mobile) for changing relational percentages? E.g I need to change 3 amounts to make up £100 and I need to be able to use any permutation to do it.


Only approach I can think of is sort of slider, where you could click and drag dividing lines between pots of money to adjust the amount in each pot. Labels inside the lines would need to update dynamically to show the updated amount in each pot:


enter image description here



I'm not massively happy with this solution though, and I also need to be confident it would be usable if the number of moneypots changed to 10, for example (I don't know the maximum number of pots at the moment but am assuming it wouldn't go beyond 10).


Any suggestions gratefully received!




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...