Sunday, May 21, 2017

print design - An error in printed book is my fault: what do I do?




I designed a kids' activity book for my client. She handwrote all the text correctly and I typed a sentence out incorrectly. She approved the proof before print but that was the 6th draft so I guess both of us were too tired by that stage to spot this error.


If it was her provided text, I wouldn't see it as entirely my fault. But I typed it myself from her correct notes so it is. Should I give a discount? A full refund? She's printing labels to put over the incorrect text. Should I at least pay for that?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...