Wednesday, May 24, 2017

style - Writing a Platonic Relationship


I'm writing a story, however I just can't seem to form a platonic relationship between my characters.


Whenever I am writing my characters (Eric and Abigail), it feels they should just kiss and make out on the spot. The thing is I do not want their relationship to go too fast but let a few events pass before I make them committed to each other.



I (and they) know that it's love, but don't want to commit because of the situation they are both stuck in. What are the qualities of a platonic relationship and how do I apply this to my characters in my writing?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...