Friday, May 19, 2017

screenwriting - How are intercut scenes done?


I want to do a tennis scene done wit. A few separate rally scenes and some talking, where the two guys informally discuss a lawsuit in one or two of them... Do I need a new scene heading each time? I assume not, thanks in advance.



Answer



Normally, as far as I know, different scene heading are used when the setting changes. If the two discuss lawsuit between the game, maybe taking a break on the court side, I think one heading should fit. If the conversation happens elsewhere (the bar at the sport club, the showers, etc.) you have to make two scenes.


Disclaimer: I'm not a screenwriter, I just follow the examples I see written in scripts, so a professional should be able to give a better answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...