Monday, August 21, 2017

inkscape - combine svg elements into combined path


I have a hexagon based on one common side, repeated. The single side is a roup of a and transformed .


I want to fill the inside of this virtual hexagon, but am unable to.


Indeed the hexagon is many tags grouped and transformed, so this not working right-off-the-bat makes sense. I have tried doing a path union with all objects selected, and have tried using the Combine path feature. However, in either case, the path entities in the object explorer remain independent, and filling any object still fills individual path segments, not the net hex shape as a whole.


Below you can see the many objects:


svg path and use objects


Even after trying to exec "Combine path", filling still looks like:



enter image description here


What I'm after is to be able to combine those paths, and fill with a raster image:


enter image description here


I have a few helpful references:



  1. inkscape svg, as shown above

  2. raw web svg output, from which above svg is derived

  3. my fun little tessellation app, which inspired this problem :)


Any tips or tricks would be much appreciated.





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...