Sunday, August 20, 2017

gui design - Suitable alternative to trackbar control


I use a track bar control in two different places in an touch-screen application I have. The first to record a specific amount of Data. (lets say 260 samples) the second to record an unlimited amount of data.



I have a limited amount of area to display the track bar control, and while the first example works fine, when I get to sample counts of over 3000, (perfectly acceptable in the second usage) the track bar performs poorly. The small available area for the control means the smallest movement (drag) of the track bar cursor could move you hundreds of samples, and it's impossible to get to a specific one.


What I'm wondering is if anyone one has encountered this issue, or can recommend a good control for navigating through a list of recorded samples? Currently, there are step forward and step back buttons to get around the issue (i.e. step forward and back by 1 or 10 samples). I would like if possible a control that performs well for both small and large sample sizes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...