Thursday, August 24, 2017

black scholes - List of packages in R for options pricing?


What are the best packages in R or most comprehensive packages in R for option pricing and working with options?


Thanks!



Answer



You may want to browse the Task View for empirical finance, which lists many options-related packages.



As for concrete suggestions: I have worked a lot with RQuantLib in the past, and I have found it a reliable and stable package.


Perhaps I may also suggest NMOF, which I maintain. It provides implementations of a number of models (Black/Scholes/Merton, Merton jump-diffusion, Heston, ...). It also implements the approach of Bakshi/Madan (2000) for pricing based on the characteristic function. The implementation is essentially the one described in this paper on Calibrating Option Pricing Models.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...