Thursday, August 24, 2017

storyline - Which should come first, building my story or building my world?


I’ve always been writing, but never wanted to write something in a world I create. I already know what direction I’ll be taking my fleshed-out characters, but I’m still wondering whether or not I should be writing a story board first or trying to flesh out the world my characters are in.


I can see Pros and Cons from each side and was just curious as to what the general consensus is on what to do first from writers who have already been where I am!


Edit/Update


This is a Fantasy world-build, and I am so appreciative of the comments and advice! You guys have outlined some important details I was definitely missing out on. Thank you so much!




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...