Monday, August 14, 2017

goal - How much planning should go on before beginning writing?


I really want to begin my first novel, but I'm just not sure how clear of an outline I should have before I start. Is a detailed synopsis of each chapter really necessary, or is it enough to just go in with an outline and key events?



Answer



The only thing that matters in planning, is doing it long enough to make you feel comfortable writing about your story.


There are two types of writers, "With an Outline" and "Without an Outline".


Try both styles and see which works best for you. It's important to figure out if you do your best writing with constraints or without them. Find a middle ground between the two types that helps you stay on track while maintaining creativity.


If you feel your creativity being sucked dry by trying to stay with the outline, then you over planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...