Sunday, August 27, 2017

adobe photoshop - How can I increase the size of a .jpeg without losing quality?


Is it possible to make a .jpeg photo larger without losing "quality"?


I have a photo that is 450px x 750px and would like to make it 3 times bigger for web not print?


I've been told that Illustrator is the tool to make it happen and I have Illustrator CS6.



Answer



To say it short: No.


Images in jpg format are not vector based images. Vector based images can be resized without to lose quality. Bitmap images contains colored pixed. If you try to double the size one pixel has to grow to 4 pixel with the same color. Result: If you want the image 3 times bigger you will see the original pixels in your image.



It depends on your image if it is changeable to vector format or not. An usual photo (portrait of a human, mountains, landscape etc.) is not changeable to vector format.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...