Thursday, October 26, 2017

automation - How can I use Automate Batch Action of Adobe Photoshop to cut 5px for every image


I have thousands of pictures and almost all have different dimensions and I want to cut the bottom of every image for 5px using Canvas Size and then save it. How can I Automate Batch Process this?


For example if the image is 600 X 600 then I want to make it 600 X 595 and then save it. If the images had same dimensions then I could make an action and Batch Process it on the folder but the problem is almost every image has different dimensions



Answer



Create a new action and hit record.




Go to canvas, select relative and type -5 into the height, set the crop to crop the bottom section.



Stop the the recording of the action.


Go to File > Automate > Batch



The latest saved action should be selected, if it's not, pick it. Run the action on the folder (pick the target folder) or opened files (I don't suggest this if you have thousands).



Save your files (if you didn't build save into your action).


Side note: I'd recommend doing them in batches of 50 or so, otherwise your machine will be running for quite a while and it's going to run hot, this way you can let it have a cool down if it's getting too much.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...