Tuesday, October 17, 2017

fixed income - Legitimate input parameters for Nelson Siegel Svensson model


I had previously asked this question and have come to better understand the answer with regards to setting the input parameters for the Non-Linear Optimization problem that provides the NSS parameters. However, I realize that the answer assumes that I have zero coupon yields and can thus use the equation (2) on Page 2 of this pdf in order to obtain the input NSS parameters. However, if I don't have the Zero-Coupon Yield data, how may I proceed in order to obtain the input parameters. Would I need to bootstrap these Yields and if so, won't this hamper the whole process of obtaining a satisfactory solution to the Non-Linear Optimization problem.


Thank You





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...