Friday, October 27, 2017

gui design - Should a login page have links that send you away from the form?



I'm designing a login form and wondering if the header and footer on the page get in the way of logging in.


Maybe I'm being too fussy, but wondering if removing the primary navigation links from the header would help focus on the log in form. Why would you go to a log in form and them link away from it - OR - should I provide options, besides the back button, to link away?



Answer



I think the removal of primary navigation could actually break the continuity and require user to reset their understanding of nav. But if everything remains the same , they'll just focus on what has changed which is the login form.


I would rather suggest that login not be a separate page and it should just open in the page the user is in - as a modal. It'll be faster to load and it'll offer greater continuity.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...