Saturday, October 21, 2017

Convert Clipped Item Into Normal Path In Inkscape?



I created a demi-circle with the clipping feature, but it shows up as a group of two items. Like this:


Not A Path


But i just want a normal path, could i do this anyway?



Answer



Heres my answer to this question from the Google+ Query on the Inscape Community:


to create that shape I'd just use the arc tool - even if you draw a circle, you can select the circle tool (F5) and select the circle and change your start and end degrees. But is the posted image just a simple example to make the point?


I guess if I was going to cut down the circle to make a half-circle (same can be done with more complex shapes) I'd select the circle and the rectangle above and chose Path -> Intersection. That cuts it to the shape I'm wanting to have left over - and leaves all the remaining points as an editable path.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...