Thursday, October 12, 2017

user behavior - Do people actually use tooltips?


I know I use them, and my peers use them, but how much does the average user actually use tooltips to figure out functionality?



Answer



Yes people do use tool tips.


For many people tool tips are essential. For example say a person with visual impairments person was using your application. To help them they may be using some assistive technology such as a screen reader.


Lets say that some of your buttons only had icons instead of text. How would a screen reader tell the user what the button did? Tool tips.


This is just one example of where tool tips are useful, there are many more.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...