Wednesday, October 25, 2017

vector - Convert Primitive to Path using SVG format in Illustrator


I've got a simple drawing in Illustrator consisting of multiple rectangles. I will need to handle that in code later one and saved the document as SVG.


The rectangles come out as nodes in SVG format. Is there a clean way to convert the rectangles from primitive types to a path in Illustrator ? If so, how ?


So far my hacky solution was to use Object > Path > Simplify and because I was dealing with simple boxes with no transformations applied I've also ticked the Straight Lines. This worked well for boxes (kept the same number of vertices and look)


Is there a cleaner/less hacky way to convert a primitive to a path in Illustrator ?



Answer



The trick is to turn the path in to a Compound Path (CMD + 8). That makes the SVG output an actual path rather than a primitive type.



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...