Tuesday, December 5, 2017

Can you help me with a font licensing question (AKA what is the licensing for my font)?


I'm asking this question on behalf of the occasional new members who ask questions in the following categories (fill in the blanks as appropriate):



  • Does anyone know the licensing terms for ______ font?

  • I have conflicting licenses for ______ font, can somebody clarify them for me?

  • I have a font with ______ license terms, can I use it for ______ purpose?

  • I have a font and don't know the license terms, can I use it for ______ purpose?

  • Font ______ was included with ______ software/operating-system. Is it legal to use it for ______ purpose?

  • Can I embed ______ font in my product?





No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...