Sunday, December 10, 2017

critique - Are these logos too similar?




Hi there after finishing the logo for a sports clothing brand I thought it was too similar to something and I went looking and found this USAF logo, what do you think? The Bulldozer logo is meant to look like a bull, and the USAF logo is wings. Are they too similar to use?


-----VS-----



Answer



Simple answer...no. While they share similar overall form, they are clearly different both in concept and execution.


Unfortunately, neither Matt nor myself are correct. It's really an opinion based question.


Will the airforce sue you over your logo? Highly unlikely. For starters, I doubt the two companies are competing. I don't see any intentional attempt to mislead the consumer. The concepts are quite different. I could go on.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...