Friday, July 20, 2018

adobe illustrator - How to fill in areas surrounded by line segments?


I have a rectangular shape and I added an "extension area" to it with several line segments and closed it back to the rectangle.


Specifically, I clicked on an anchor point off a corner of the rectangle drew several line segments off this point and connecting each by the anchor point of each segment. I drew and closed off this shape by drawing the line segment back to the rectangle's anchor point.



How do I fill in this new area with a color?


In the example below I'd like to fill in the "polygon shape" that's extended off of the rectangle with some non-white color. When I select the rectangle and polygon, I get a question mark: "?" in the fill area.


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...