Friday, July 27, 2018

android - Choosing between Tabs and ActionBar spinner


I need to show group of objects in two ways: in the list and on the map. I can use tabs or action bar spinner. As Android guide says both modes are acceptable (In Android application, when to use View control instead of Tab). But because of map there're few problems:



  • tab mode works with swipe gesture and when user is on the map he can't swipe to the list (because map intercept gestures to be draggable). Thus to see map he can swipe or tap on the tab, but to see the list he needs to tap on the tab only.

  • I think that spinner mode looks not so obvious in my case. One element in the dropped menu looks strange.


Is there better way of showing/switching map and list?


enter image description here




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...