Tuesday, July 24, 2018

jpg - Is there any method to deliberately digitally corrupt an image?


For an art project. I want to take a high-resolution digital image and digitally 'corrode' it.


My original intention was to subject an image to repeated jpg compression, and show the iterations, but after experimenting I realise that the compression method won't achieve any effect after the first pass (rookie mistake).


What methods are available to do this, if any? While I'd like to go for a progression, as in the compression example, I'm happy to hear about methods that would achieve random results as well (for instance imitative of digital static).




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...