Friday, July 20, 2018

legal - Can I say this about real countries in my fiction?


I am writing a visual novel and use a fictional country in "real-world" setting. Some cases have been bothering me and I'm not sure if it's legal to write this because it might be insulting(?):





  1. To place my country I had to cut a part of China, so it is located between Russia, Mongolia and China.




  2. I mention that my country's army has "some connections with Japan" and recruits children from there.




  3. I mention that my country's army shoots up Mongolian illegal immigrants at the border.




Edit: To clarify, I do not have intentions of insulting countries, just want to write what would be suitable for my story and am afraid of law suits. Also I live in Russia.



Edit: I can rephrase the question so it will sound like this: Can I assign fictional slightly negative traits to countries from real world in my fictional world?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...