Thursday, June 27, 2019

menu - How to best show links that are internal


I have created a wordpress site recently for my club. I have come recently to a discussion about the way I have shown the list of useful links internal to the site.


I have put them under the header "Useful Links" which sounded rather obvious. Someone made me notice that with "Links" people may consider content that is external to the site (so not a page or post on my club's site).


It has to be noted that for the time being there are no external links but there may well be in the future.


While this is not a question of massive importance (no money or contracts involved) it still made me thinking and wanted to ask a bigger audience.


I have seen the similar question (External links: Whether & how to distinguishing them from internal links, and to open them): this is not about links in a paragraphs or individual links in a menu, but more about how to title the whole menu if it's made up exclusively of internal links (and whether the word "link" in itself conveys the meaning of an external page).




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...