Saturday, June 22, 2019

technical writing - Is it legal to write about trademarked material and use the terms?


I am contemplating writing a technical book (and probably self-publishing it) on a proprietary programming interface for a well-known software package produced by a very large company. The company name and many of its packages are of course trademarked.



  • Is it legal for to use their package names in my book?

  • Is it legal to write about their software (in a good light, of course)?

  • If so, how do I go about addressing the trademarks - in a foreword that states something along the lines of "foo is a trademark of bar"?



I have some connections at the company, who I am possibly thinking about getting in touch with, as well.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...