Thursday, June 27, 2019

vector - Adobe illustrator perfect curve between two grids


How would you combine a vertical grid and horizontal grid with matching width & heights with perfect curved lines?


Example:


example


I'm trying to find a method that would be salable for 100, 1000, etc grids.



Answer



I would solve that by math:


The "perfect" curve means (for me) square based curve, so the task is to find the squares, create related to them arcs and make a blend in N of steps as need.


I've created 2 guides and 1 square between one square and guides intersection -



enter image description here


Now I created an arc as shown and with pen tool elongated it to the second square.


enter image description here


enter image description here


The same operations for a larger arc -


enter image description here


enter image description here


And blended the arcs created -


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...