Friday, June 7, 2019

names - Options, preferences, settings, configurations: What to call them in my application?


I've seen a lot of different applications use a lot of different terminology for the part of the application that lets you change the settings. But are there any advantages/conventions as to using one over the other? Which leads to most understanding and least confusion and why? Are there any I've forgotten besides options, preferences, settings, and configurations that are worthy of note?


This question is related, but I'm looking for answers regarding a desktop application, not a web-app to which the user has an account.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...