Sunday, June 16, 2019

website design - What unicode symbol should I use for EDIT?


I'm trying to keep a very light payload on a wordpress plugin I'm writing.


Users will be able to:



  • add - +

  • refresh - ⟳


  • edit


I'm thinking of using the pencil glyph: ✎, but I'm not sure about it. What's a good clear way to indicate this action lets you edit things?


I'm going to be providing title tool tips as well, but I want the icon to be as clear as possible without having to draw up custom icons.



Answer



The closest to a standard symbol for edit is , but that is by no means universally understood.


I would suggest using an Edit button instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...