Friday, October 11, 2019

business - How to request vector source files after a job is complete?


I am an office manager for a security company. When I was first hired on, my boss had a friend of a friend that he used to do the business cards and letterhead. They designed it, but used a logo that we already had! There was no contract and no file formats were discussed.



Well, now we need more work done and do NOT want to use this previous designer. When I asked him for the vector files for our design (which he did not originally create), he wants to charge us for those layouts. Is that right?


We don't care so much about the layouts for letterhead and business cards...we are going in a different direction anyway. We just need the logo (which is full color) in such a way that another designer can work with it and not have to start all over. We are in California, if that matters.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...