Thursday, October 17, 2019

text - How can I arrange words into a shape to make a "word cloud" design?


I want to create a T-shirt to commemorate the tenth edition of a gaming convention and I had the idea to have the names of all the games that were played during the convention form a big roman numeral X.


I'm looking for a free program, app or plugin that allows me to insert chunks of text (the names of the games) and automatically sorts them to fit the shape as nicely as possible, without mixing the words in the same chunk (but if they continue on the same or on the following line it's ok).


Multi-directional words forming the shape is ok too but those usually make some words too small for the t-shirt printer.


Do you know a program that can create such a thing?


I can easily work with the image of an X or even a raster image.



Answer



What you want is



Taxedo


...which would give you the ability to create tag-clouds and word clouds that looks like this:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...