Wednesday, October 23, 2019

vector - How do I draw inside an object in Inkscape?


enter image description here


I have the image shown above where the black colored stroke is the outline of the cloud. I also have a slightly offsetted blue color fill. What should I do to put the blue color fill inside the outline (along with the whitespace)? I tried using the clip option, but it wasn't helpful.


enter image description here


The above picture shows how I would want it. As you can see, the whitespace is still there, but the fill lies inside the stroke.



Answer



Assuming that you are starting from two paths, one filled in cyan without stroke paint and the other with a black stroke and without fill; and assuming that the filled path is at the bottom, we have a similar situation:


base cloud


You have to perform a few simple steps:




  1. Select and duplicate the path with the black stroke while pressing Ctrl-D


duplicate path



  1. Maintaining selected the duplicate, hold Shift key, select the path with the cyan fill and obtain an intersection pressing Ctrl+*


final image


You can tweak a little the cloud:


final cloud



You can obtain a similar effect (although not flat) starting from a path with border and fill and using Filters->Bevels->Combined lighting or other analogous filter:


with a filter


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...