Sunday, October 20, 2019

screenwriting - Screenplay vs Novel




Now I know, that this question could be tagged too broad or opinion based, and that it might even be closed down. But I have been struggling over this for quite some time now and I want to get an answer to it. Please read the entire question before taking any action.


So my question is -


What is difference between screenplay and novel?


I know that both might be completely different fields. I know that screenplay has some standard rules that are to be followed, and same applies for novel writing too. But say I have a story, a story with the main plot, all the characters and the story line. Now consider one starting from scratch, in both the fields.


So what suits better - progressing the story into a screenplay? Or developing it into a novel?


What I am looking for is brief differentiation between both. Any key points and links would be highly appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...