Saturday, October 12, 2019

website design - Graphic element to show on a form while user awaits response


I have the following registration form:


enter image description here


Since response from server may not come for about 3 seconds, I need to let user know that the request is being processed.



What visual element could I use to do that?



Answer



Try looking on this resource for IDEAS: Progress icons


I suggest you using pop-up icon similar to progress bars/circles and dim the site until the request is processed completely. You could dim all the site until the form is processed and the user got feedback about that. Conversely, if you don't disable buttons and links, the user can click on them and navigate to another point without realising if the request processing was finished or interrupted by navigation.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...