Thursday, October 31, 2019

What font is typically used for receipts?


Can someone please help me identify the fonts used in these two receipts. I'm looking for downloadable free fonts that I can use to reproduce the same looking results.


The two receipts used different fonts.


enter image description here enter image description here



Answer




Like DA01 says, finding an exact match isn't happening.


The font in the receipt is a monospaced sans serif, so if you pick one that's close you could rough it up a bit to make it feel right: Monaco, DejaVu Sans Mono, OCR-A, and OCR-B. You'd probably have to rough it up a bit to make it feel more authentic.


If you want to get near the dot-matrix look, you can try FontFont's Dot Matrix.


Or you could give this freebie a go: Merchant Copy. Note the non-commercial license. It's a bit ugly but it's probably the closest I saw to what you want to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...