Thursday, October 17, 2019

website design - What are some good ways to showcase someone's portfolio work online?


I've been happily employed for awhile now, so I've not kept up on various trends and changes in the online portfolio field. I would like to remedy this knowledge gap.


I can do a search for "best online portfolio sites" but a search like that is a little tainted by people who want you to buy their solution.


If you've made a portfolio site for yourself or a client, what are you using?


It seems to me that you can use a service like Behance (but are there other services that are equal or better in terms of features, ease of use, ads, etc.?), adapt a theme to a blog/CMS WordPress or Tumblr, or build something from scratch.


If it's necessary to narrow the scope of the question a bit, I'd say that the ideal portfolio site looks modern but not trendy, has a great user experience, and is easy to update. Preferably, it can be self-hosted, unless people have found that going on a dedicated social network is better.


It'd be interesting to hear answers from graphic designers who don't code a lot as well as web designers who do it for a living.




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...