Tuesday, October 29, 2019

forms - UX modal window: Cancel / Save / Close vs Cancel / Save & Exit


I am working on an application where the user needs to complete their preferences which open in a modal window. There has been a big discussion about what are the best practices in this situation.


Some argue, that the right way is to have:



  • Cancel and Update & Exit buttons

  • Include a feedback on the Save & Exit button

  • Display a confirmation dialogue on the main page



I'm not sure if that's the best solution since there is lot of information to be inputted and the process takes lot of time so I'd want to be able to save my work from time to time and be able to stay on the modal window to continue.


I believe we need Cancel Save and Close.


What happens if ...
The user enters some information,
Clicks Close without saving?
"Are you sure you want to leave without saving" modal in a modal?
That doesn't sound right.


What are the best practices in this scenario?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...