Friday, October 4, 2019

customisation - Should I let my users chose between multiple themes?


I run a relatively successful website made with Twitter Bootstrap. I've heard from the users saying how they love the design and the responsiveness that my website has. Much of said responsiveness and design comes from using Bootstrap.


I happened across Bootswatch yesterday. And I fell in love with it. It'd let me easily let my users change how the website looks, and without making a lot of interface issues.


I ran into one of the users of the service shortly afterwards and mentioned, in conversation about the website, Bootswatch. I told him how the website used Twitter Bootstrap and how easy it would be to add these additional themes as options.


Surprisingly, he was opposed to the choice of interfaces. He much preferred having one UI - consistent, simple, easy-to-use.


So now I have a dilemma. Do I let the users choose their own design, or force one design on them?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...