Sunday, October 2, 2016

hierarchy - hierarchical input and display design






Possible Duplicate:
What's the best way to view a deep hierarchy?



In my application, I need to design hierarchy of product.


i.e. Parent group, group, parts, subparts etc. ( add, remove , edit )


What should be the ideal way to do it in single page ? ( Tree comes to my mind but it is too vertical, my primary users will have wide screen monitors. )



Answer



One option that I can think of off the top of my head is a column based view similar to one of the view options available in Finder in OS X.


Mac OS X Finder in Column View



No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...