Wednesday, March 28, 2018

controls - How to display the hierarchical data



Some real ui javascript library wanted!


I have to display some hierarchical data on the web page. It should not be a classical tree view with the text items. I am looking for a graphical implementation and it should have minimal interactivity: I want to see current item and its parent and all children, then I click on parent(or child item) and after animation I will see this item (parent, children)


This library is exists, but I cannot find it.


Here is it



Answer



Consider a search for "javascript visualisation library" on Google. Several promising results:



  • John Resig's processing.js - you'll probably have to write your specific visualisation yourself


  • the Javascript InfoVis toolkit - check the demos page for some examples of interactive tree maps, which represent hierarchies as you described in your question

  • protovis - a lot of great examples here, though unfortunately none of the examples look exactly like your proposal


Hope those help. You definitely want to be using the term "information visualisation" when searching for libraries. Perhaps that will help you find the library you're thinking of.


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...