Thursday, March 22, 2018

vector - How to create a transparent stroke in Illustrator


I'm trying to reproduce the iPhone battery symbol. It has a gap between the fill and the stroke. I successfully managed to do it with the appearance palette, as you can see below:



enter image description here


It works well if the background is white. However, once i put an image as a background...


enter image description here


I want the gap to be transparent, rather than white.


How can I do that?



Answer



Set the opacity of your white stroke to 0, then check "Knockout Group" from the main transparency options of the path (not of the stroke itself).


Example:


enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...