Monday, March 19, 2018

mask - Make words-art in Inkscape — How can I cut the words out of a shape?


I want to create a word-cloud or you call a tag-cloud, but I have a problem cutting the words out of the shape that I want. Anyway, here's the demo word-cloud:


enter image description here


I want the yellow "DEMO" text to overlap the heart shape, and disappear when it goes out of the shape. Also, I want to keep the color of both the heart and the text. Is there any way to do that?



Answer





  1. Convert text to path using Path-object to path

  2. Ungroup text objects

  3. Use path-combine on selected objects.

  4. Duplicate the underlying object (the heart shape in your case)

  5. Use path-division and delete the text which is outside the underlying shape as shown.


Image


No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...