Monday, March 19, 2018

adobe photoshop - Removing the background from product photos


How do you remove the background from a product photo?


I'm trying to find a faster and cleaner way to remove the background from my product photos. I shoot on a white background but because the product is a clear glass bottle, its hard to make a quick selection without deleting parts the product itself.


What I currently do is use the Select Color Range tool for the background and then use the Polygonal Lasso tool to remove parts of the bottle from the selection.


This usually comes out pretty sloppy and imperfect. If anybody has any tricks to share that would be awesome! Below is the image I'm starting with today and I want to experiment on this one


Soda Pop Shop




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...