Friday, March 23, 2018

Photoshop - how to save just one layer?


I guess many webmasters create layouts in Photoshop before coding, my layouts are full of different elements, buttons, icons, headers etc.


When I need to save a icon, I'm selecting it on layers list, right clicking, Duplicate, New, and here we are... The newly created tab with my icon has dimensions of the whole layout, not the icon, so when I'm having 1680x1050px layout and 20x20px icon then I'm getting 1680x1050 file with small icon in the middle, or somewhere else, and I have to drag the item to upper left corner of new image and cut the rest (I use crop tool usually).



Is there another way to save each layer (mostly rasterized) as a .jpg/.png transparent file without all this cropping? Or just open duplicated elements in new "tabs" with proper width/height?




No comments:

Post a Comment

technique - How credible is wikipedia?

I understand that this question relates more to wikipedia than it does writing but... If I was going to use wikipedia for a source for a res...